Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Gambling leads to ill health

Yesterday evening punters at a branch of Ladbrokes in Stratford Road, Birmingham, complained of suffering from sore throats and running eyes; one individual collapsed on the floor.

Ladbrokes staff, quite naturally, thought another odds on favourite had failed to oblige. On this occasion a faulty fire extinguisher proved to be the cause. Police sealed off the area and emergency services dealt with people on the pavement outside the shop. Rumours that on coming round one backer asked a medic what had won the 5.10 at Wolverhampton were apparently wide of the mark.

No comments: